The annual women mini marathon tagged “Lagos women run” comes up on Saturday 11th November, 2023 from 6am.
In view of the above, the following routes have been dedicated for the race to ensure the safety and security of the participants/runners:
Start point: Lagos City mall>>>JK Randle Avenue>>>Water Board>>>Old NITEL Building>>>Outer Marina road(front of State House)>>Army Officers’
Mess>>Independence Bridge>>>Bonny Camp Bridge>>>Ahmadu Bello Way>>>Eko Atlantic(old Bar-Beach)>>> Akin Adesola St >>>Five Cowries Bridge(Falomo Bridge)>>>Falomo Roundabout>>> Awolowo Road>>>Onikan Roundabout>>> Mobolaji Johnson Arena(old Onikan Stadium) as the finish point.
Consequently, the following routes will be temporarily closed to traffic before and during the race;
- Outer Marina road and traffic diverted to Odunlami Street, Lagos Island.
- Inner Marina road inwards NITEL Building, and traffic diverted Brooks Street.
- Catholic Mission st by Water Board and traffic diverted to Hawley Street or Okesuna Street, or Moloney Street.
- Onikan underpass by officers mess.
- The adjoining Streets along Ahmadu Bello Way,
( including Adeola Odeku Junction by Ahmadu Bello way).
- The adjoining streets along Akin Adesola St.
- Falomo ramp bridge from Victoria Island.
- The exit road from MTN building Falomo.
- Bourdilon Rd by Giwa barracks
- Entry to Falomo roundabout from Alfred Rewane by Church Of The Assumption.
- The adjoining Streets along Awolowo Road.
- Onikan roundabout by King George V Road. Motorists can seek the following alternatives routes for their movements:
- From Apongbon bridge>>>Odunlami Street>>>Campos>>> Igbosere Street>>> Sandgrouse rd>>> Sura and continue their journey.
- From Victoria Island>>>Ozumba Mbadiwe>>>Bonny Camp>>Onikan underpass>>>Third Mainland bridge to continue their journey.
Note: All security and traffic management personnel shall be deployed to both the dedicated and alternative routes to ensure safety of lives and property, and reduce the inconveniences that may be occasioned by the event.